So this was a week that was pretty unique. first off on Tuesday it was my birthday, so Elder Western baked the cake my mom sent for me and brought it to zone conference on Tuesday.
of course it ended up in my face. haha my fault though shoulda seen it
coming. Then we taught about 3 lessons and went to some inactives for a
"fiesta" haha there was pizza and really good cake. I'm still really
confused how they make cake without ovens... oh well its not important!
the next day it was my companions birthday. Again more cake and a
fiesta with the B's, a less active family as well. my fiesta was
with the V's. Thursday, well I cant remember what we did Thursday, but I'm sure it was a great day:) Friday we had planned for a baptism, but no. they bailed unfortunately. but its ok they still want to just not right now. but Saturday
we went to a baptism for someone in our zone. it was a family of three,
we taught them once so I kinda knew them but not super well. we had to
fill the font by bucket because the thing broke, so that took about 3
hours. the baptism was scheduled to begin at 730. however the dad didn't
show up till 815, so we started around 830. and of course the water was
freezing. I felt bad for them they were sooo cold. the boy didn't even
get baptized cause his leg kept coming up and the water was too cold for
him to want to try again. so that really stunk. he stood in the font
for an hour. it was hard to get the members excited to come but we
manged to convince quite a few to come. here the members aren't as
supportive, but they came and poor members who stayed because the
baptism ended at 1015. crazy! but anything is worth a persons soul! they
asked me to talk again, so I did and it was nice. Spanish is a lot more
fun when I'm the one speaking because I can understand myself. haha then
yesterday church was nice. we asked our bishop to call a ward mission
leader and the bishopric said no. come on! help us! haha they said they didn't know who could do it. so we asked bishop to pray about it. (that's
his role haha pray!) but hes a good guy. hes only been bishop for 3
months. oh on Wednesday I got to tour the mtc here in Mexico! I was
looking everywhere for Tyler or Alec but to no avail. but I bought some
awesome pens! so that was cool. we just got back from a car dealership. I
was helping Hermano B buy a car so that was interesting. well
the spiritualist thing this week happened last night. we had FHE with a
member family whose son is leaving to Argentina in 10 days for his
mission, and we invited 3 investigators to come (the ones who are ready
for baptism) and they came. we started off talking and having a good
time and then we got to the lesson and there wasn't a dry eye in the
room. really powerful moment. they're going to be baptised next week, and
I'm really excited for them because I understand now what getting baptized means to people in their lives. its a chance to start over and
be the person you've always wanted to be. its the chance to prove to our
heavenly father and themselves of the change that has occurred and is occurring in their hearts. This church is true, and I know that. I'm so grateful for the power of the atonement, and the opportunity that i have
every day to repent and be forgive of the smallest and biggest of sins. I know that I am a son of a God who loves me. he loves all of his
children, even when they're being stupid. thank you all for the support.
if you need anything from me please let me know. I love you all!
Elder Tanquary
No comments:
Post a Comment