Well this was one interesting week. So first off we didn't teach as many
lessons as we usually do. we usually teach between 30 to 40 a week, this
week we had 19. So well have to step that up. but we spent a lot of
time in meetings. For example all day Tuesday
we were in zone meeting then a zone meeting in Tantlaplancha? spell
check! haha but that's my good pal Elder Richins zone! so I got to see
him which was awesome. but afterwards we forgot to bring money for the
taxi or bus ride back to Cautapec, so I awkwardly asked my mission
president for some money. haha but its ok I'll pay him back. Anyway Wednesday night was a bit sketchy. We got a call from the D's, great
family, but they call and ask us to give a blessing on their house. I'm
thinking oh that's cool they want a peaceful feeling, maybe there's
contention or something... nope. They're house was haunted! well they
thought it was haunted so for the next 30 min we listened to there
stories of how things move and they can feel scary things and then the
mom needed tissues so she asked the 12 year old to go get them and we
heard this noise like a door slammed or something, and the boy comes
running out screaming and crying how it slammed on him and so at this
point I'm a lil freaked, but I still didn't feel there was anything wrong
with the house. so we proceeded and I gave the blessing and we gave each
member of the family a blessing and the next day they said there was a
huge difference and so that was kind of a cool experience.
On Friday
came the moment that may change the way I look at life. We went to stop
by this families house, and we were talking, and I remember smelling
this really bad smell, and then the older woman took us into this room
where this man lay motionless on a bed. He was very, very sick. He couldn't talk, and hes probably 70 pounds, and hes loosing his mind. if
you want I can give you more details on his situation in a personal
email but this man was 71 years old, was in so much pain and his loving
sister was crying over his body, because she knows he doesn't have much
longer to live. I honestly thought a few times that he might pass away
while we were visiting. The way this impacting me was profound, and I don't know why. But I know someday were all going to pass away. Right now I'm so excited to grow up, start a family, have a job. But in the end
what is it leading to? Its important to realize that all those things
are going to come. so whatever it is that you're waiting for, stop, and
focus on whats happening right now, because we only get to be here for a
short period of time. and what happens after this life is so important
because it never ends, which is why its important to live good here.
Live so that at any moment you can stand face to face with our creator,
and say I did all I could, thank you father for always watching over me.
I know I don't want to have to apologize for having wasted this
opportunity on earth, because I only get to be here once. I hope that
made sense. Ill close with this: In John
3:16,
my favorite scripture, it says for God so loved the world that he sent
his only begotten son... end quote. Now why was that so important? Because only through Jesus Christ can we return to live with our Father
in heaven. No unclean thing can dwell in the kingdom of God. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can all be clean. And the words of
Isaiah are so true: Though your sins be as scarlet, they may be as
wool... end quote. It doesn't matter where you're at in life right now.
you can always return, you can always repent. repentance is a miracle,
use it. Thank you all for everything and I pray for you guys day and
night.
con amor mucho,
Elder Tanquary
No comments:
Post a Comment