Monday, April 21, 2014

Week Many

Well this week was really fast. Some really long days but a fast week. This week we got an ivestigator whose ready for baptism. Hes an amazing man with the cutest 4 year old ever. I also got my Christmas package! I love getting packages. On Thursday, I got to go to downtown mexico city. I got to see the statue of the angel. thats the famous one if you saw it you'd recognize it. its definitely a lot bigger then i was expecting it to be. Afterwards I got to do some contacting with my friend elder Holdaway because our companions were on exchanges in his area for the day, and we had about an hour to eat delicious tortas and then we decided to go talk to people. Which was a little sketchy because neither of us speak a lot of spanish yet. But we got a really good person to listen, and she understood! and she wants to know more about the church which is awesome I just cant find her street. I have to find 1 among thousands ao thats always a bit dificult. But its ok. Also today we got to play soccer in this indoor turf field against another zone. It was a lot of fun. One of the missionaries plays for Cruz Azul, the Arizona Cardinals of mexico city and he left to serve the Lord. I totally schooled him. haha twice! it was great. But today was long as I had to take many crowded buses to get there. Like the first I was out of the bus on the bottom step because there was no room. I wasn't planning on sharing this story because it'll probably freak some people out (Mom;)) but I just think its a fascinating story. So last night I was sitting on our couch and we live in a garage and the couch is next to the garace and I'm sitting there and all of the sudden right on the other side of the door a gun was fired. haha it was so loud! luckily no one was shot this time. Last time ya but this time no:) Its also raining right now and the days are pretty hot. Ok so ill end with this. A few letters ago I talked about the man who was about to die. Well he died early this week and his funeral was yesterday. We couldnt attend but its ok. Anyways what I've learned through this experience of being with this family as they lost a loved one. The power of the attonement is real, and it will change peoples lives once they understand how important it is. In the church of Jesus Christ, we dont just talk about stories that are pleasing and fake. These stories are real, dificult, and happy. Once we all recognize that life here is short, and that were here to recieve happiness in the end, our desires to sin and do things conterary to the will of God will fade away. Stay close to the Lord. He knows you and he knows your dificulties. I love you all so much. thank you for everything.
Elder Tanquay

No comments:

Post a Comment